Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative
Full time, permanent, immediate start.
£12.50 per hour
Based near Truro, with some requirements to work away overnight for national deliveries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Warehouse Operative / Driver to join our current team. The right candidate will be a flexible, proactive and positive person with the ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team. This person will report to the Operations Manager. The candidate will be involved in delivering to our customers nationwide and picking / packing items at our warehouse, among other tasks. The role is based locally but includes one overnight stay away from home per week.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Picking and packing products ready to be dispatched to customers
- Unloading deliveries of new stock into our Warehouse
- Using our delivery vehicles to deliver items to customers locally and nationally.
- Undertaking maintenance duties on the site and at other premises owned by the Managing Director or our showroom facilities
- Assisting with stock taking and quality control at the Warehouse
- Cleaning and tidying warehouse / storage areas
- Working in a safe and responsible manner at all times, with a knowledge and respect for Health and Safety matters
The right candidate must have a full UK driving licence (ideally clean), be a good team worker and have good customer service skills. Some previous wood working / carpentry experience will be an advantage although not essential and you will be able to complete work to a high standard, using your own initiative and with limited supervision. You will be personable in appearance, be reliable and trustworthy with an excellent work ethic.
This is a physically demanding role, involving manual handling of large and heavy items, the right candidate will be fit and healthy.
- 20 days annual leave per year + bank holidays
- Accommodation and an expenses package when you’re undertaking national deliveries.
- NEST Workplace Pension
How to apply